取消
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:
amoynaha
Occasional Member - Level 2

How to handle wrong charge, refund and receipt not matching intital charge?

Summary. (reposting this as my first attempt vanished)
1) made hotel reservation for 199.20 / night through concur travel.

2) at checking my reservation was found but invalid due to a booking issue.

3) staff at hotel had to manually re-create my reservation as they couldn't edit existing one.

4) mistakenly put in an extra 2 in and the rate was 1992.20/night

5) hotel has issued refund.

Now I have (all amounts have been rounded for ease of typing. all amounts do actually reconcile)
a) charge on Amex for 2296

b) refund for (2066)

c) receipt was corrected and now reflects the correct rate and charge totally 260.

I cannot figure out how to combine the charge, refund and receipt in a way that allows me to process the charges and refunds. I can't use the receipt to itemize the charge as the amounts won't match up and the tool won't allow me to combine the charge and refund (even if I use the work around by adding both charges to expense report and combine. It throws an error).

Thanks

-A

1 REPLY1
HendrikV
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

I would keep two hotel line items, one of 2296, where you itemize2066 as a personal expense and add a comment (reimbursed overcharge by the hotel). Attach to this the corrected hotel invoice. Add the second charge as a separate hotel line item, and mark it also as a personal expense. That way you have accounting-wise the correct reimbursement amount for the two nights. As I don't know your company's configuration, it may throw a warning, but should process through.

My Settings." disabled class="lia-form-type-text lia-inline-topic-not-allowed" aria-label="Sorry, either you cannot reply to this topic or you have not verified your email address by clicking on the verification link in the email we sent you when you registered. If you did not receive an email from us, or need us to resend it, please visit My Settings."> verify your email address." disabled class="lia-form-type-text lia-inline-topic-not-allowed-mobile" aria-label="Sorry, either you cannot reply to this topic or you must first verify your email address.">