Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear Philp@phse

I guess you might have checked in the net too, but I found this article which maybe of an interesthttps://taxnews.ey.com/news/2020-0111-germanys-ministry-of-finance-revises-standards-for-proper-mana...

I am not a tax expert, but I would guess this requirements is a must if your company use electronic receipts taken for example with mobile phone, without keeping original, for VAT recovery and tax related matter for individual German's employees tax return and company's taxes. This is just an assumption. I would also guess that the Concur Account manager didn't escalate the matter to their German's colleagues so he didn't fully research.

My suggestion (and I will put a person in copy of this message who may be an extra help) would be to deal with a German tax advisor (e.g. EY, PWC...) through your company entity in Germany and know more about this GOBD requirements and if it would be needed based on your set up of concur within the company. Than, request to Concur to follow up with the requirement in Germany.

@KevinDwould you have some colleagues in Germany within the Tax / Fiscal fields who could better address Philip and so other potential German's customers? Thank you.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari